Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Breaking Out the Colored Pencils

I was determined to use a rub-on today. I started out with blue lotus flower. That didn't work. Then I tried cutting out a flower rub-on. That didn't work either. Hmmm. I thought about using a flower pot stamp with a leaf/stem stamp. ::light bulb on:: After I got the flower rub-on adhered to the cardstock and stamped the leaves and flower pot, I still thought that something was missing. There was still just too much white. Then I remembered a package of blending paper stumps that I had yet to open and use. I broke out my colored pencils and baby oil and used them to color in the flower pot and leaf. The baby oil is a substitute for Gamsol, but the technique is pretty much the same. I thought the card still needed some dimension, so I added some bling.

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Warm Red, Warm Green, Chestnut Roan
Stamp: Fiskars- Friendship Garden (leaves, pot)
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper
Rub-on: American Crafts, Mini Marks, Accents, Book Three (flower)
Color pencils: Prismacolor in Dark Brown, Peacock Green
Other: Red Sharpie Ultra Fine Point marker

I added my Trigger Target badge on the left. :D

1 comments :

Julie D said...

Beautiful! Cool idea using the baby oil; I usually use an odorless mineral spirit, but I'll have to try the baby oil. I'm not fond of the spirits much.

Post a Comment