Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

Fall-To Layout 104

I went to Potbelly to get a sandwich this afternoon (roast beef, of course) and as I was leaving the place, there was a guy taking the garbage bag out of the can. The bag broke, and the trash spilled everywhere. I felt really badly for him.

When I scanned the The Washington Post this evening, I saw a pet related article. It was written by a cartoonist whose work usually accompanies the Ask Amy advice column. He was writing about how his pit bull Zuzu, the inspiration behind the dog that's featured in many of his cartoons, died last week. It was a heartfelt article, and I almost teared up at the end. Perhaps you should have some tissues handy if you're a weeper.

I decided to do another Christmas card today (clean&simple's Fall-To Layout #104), but instead of the traditional red and green, I went with red and black. Ta-da!

Card Specs:
Ink: StazOn in Jet Black
Stamp: Inkadinkado (letters)
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, Fiskars Apron Lace border punch
Paper: Me & My Big Ideas- Sugarplum (red swirls), ProvoCraft- Candy Striped (striped)
Ribbon: Spool o' Ribbon

4 comments :

Modred Vintage said...

I've seen garbage men on the back of a truck in 100+ temperatures. I feel bad for anyone that has to deal with garbage. I hope the sandwich was good.

Susan (peebsmama) said...

What fun patterned paper you used. I like the addition of the scalloped border.

Linda said...

sweet card!

Vicky Hayes said...

I love your Christmas card - especially the rounded corner at the bottom. Being a garbage man is a tough job. I was thinking that Potbelly is a surprising name for a town. In the UK there is a town named Sandwich!

Post a Comment