Pages

Friday, August 6, 2010

Good News, Bad News

Good news, bad news...bad news, first. I have been waiting for 2.5 weeks for my card display racks to arrive from FedEx. And they finally came today. One set was just fine. The other one came with a huge crack in it! ARGH! Now I have to file a claim with FedEx and get my money back somehow. Even if I wanted to someone make do with the broken card display rack, the company that I bought them from didn't give me the correct amount of screws!
Good news:
  • I assembled the card rack that wasn't broken and put some cards on it to see how it'd look, and I think it looks a lot more professional than just putting the cards flat on the table. Yay!
  • There was an ice cream social in our office building today. Each person got a ticket and we could go up to the ice cream truck and pick out a frozen treat. I picked out a pineapple popsicle. I wanted to pick something that you wouldn't normally find at the grocery store.
  • I got a rain check on a Cuttlebug a few weeks ago, and the craft store left me a voicemail saying they've received it. Hooray! I promptly picked it up after work today and got a Sizzix Tim Holtz die to go with it. I was thinking about getting a Nestabilities set, but then I saw these flower dies and thought it'd be fun to make my own flower embellishments. I was afraid that I'd crack a B plate, but I watched some YouTube videos and found out that it's okay if it's a little tight going through the Cuttlebug.  The B plates sure do get pretty beat up though!
I thought I was going to use a flower cut from the die, but instead, I used the negative AND the flower as masks in tonight's card. It kinda reminded me of American Crafts' Dear Lizzy line with the color pallet. I added some gems for some dimension.

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Burnt Sienna, Rose Coral, Chestnut Brown, Yellow Ochre, Warm Green
Stamp: Autumn Leaves- Build-a-Flower (leaves), The Paper Company Studio- Whimsy Greetings (sentiment), Fiskars- Friendship Garden (small flowers)
Die: Sizzix- Tim Holtz Alterations Tattered Flowers (large flower)
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper

2 comments :

daisyfleur said...

I love that colour combo

Kelsey said...

I love that card!!! So sorry about your display... :(

Post a Comment