Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Georgetown Cupcake

There were a few festivities today to say goodbye to my boss's boss. She's moving on to a new position at another organization. So, how do we celebrate? Well, with what else? Food. We went out to lunch at a very yummy place (I got the pulled pork sandwich). I had conversations with people that I normally don't talk to very much at the office, so it was nice to connect. On the way back from lunch, I heard something about a cupcake celebration later on in the afternoon. To top it off, the cupcakes were going to be from Georgetown Cupcake! The cupcakery has been made famous because of their yummy goodies and the TV show called Cupcake Girls on the cable channel TLC. I got a red velvet one with cream cheese frosting.

OMG.

So

SO

GOOD.

As one of my co-workers noted, "The noise level in this room is directly proportional to the amount of sugar consumed." It was a happy office today.

I noticed that there were some cupcakes that were unclaimed. I waited to see if anyone was going to take a second one, and yes, there were some brave souls that snagged a second cupcake so that the rest of us didn't have to feel shy doing the same thing. I grabbed a key lime one and made a swift exit. Behold its awesomeness below. The lime zest in the frosting made it very yummy. Is it horrible that I enjoyed eating the frosting more than the cake?

Another staff person at work is leaving the organization next week, so I decided to make a card for her and have other people at the office sign it if they want to. I think the swirls on the vase makes the card less "blah." :)
Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Warm Green, Chestnut Roan
Stamps: Fiskars- Just Between Friends (sentiment), Inkadinkado (swirl)

2 comments :

Pennie said...

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM such a yummy cup cake!! I want to eat it!! :)~
Smiles, Pennie

Kelsey said...

OMG YUM! I love cupcakes...we have Sweet here in Boston and they are pretty awesome. :)

Post a Comment