Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

August Sister Challenge, Day 4

Today is the last day of my long weekend. But the upcoming weekend is in sight! I have two full days of work and then the company picnic on Friday.

I made about 15 origami owl cards for the upcoming craft fair season this afternoon. Whoo hoo! It was really too hot outside to be going anywhere today. Might as well be productive inside.

My sister picked out the sentiment and bird stamps and the paper for tonight's card and this is what I came up with. The first version of the card, the brown bird's tail didn't stamp completely, so I used the other half of the card to do the layout again. No sense in throwing out a complete card base, right? I normally don't do white cardstock on white cardstock, but adding some brown faux stitching allows the space to be a little more defined.

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Chestnut Roan, Tangerine
Stamp: The Paper Company Studio- Whimsical Birds (birds), The Paper Company Studio- Whimsy Greetings (sentiment)
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, Fiskars Threading Waters border punch, EK Success Scalloped Circle punch (2 inch), EK Success Circle punch (1 3/8 inch)
Paper: My Mind's Eye- Bloom & Grow
Other: Brown Sharpie Ultra Fine Point marker
Foam Adhesive: EK Success

1 comments :

Diana said...

Adorable! I'd love for you to post some of your cards on my new site for vintage and handmade: http://efreeme.com - there are no listing fees or commissions!

I really love your panda origami card! His big eyes are so cute!

Post a Comment