Pages

Monday, August 2, 2010

CPS #178

So, remember how I bought these Tim Holtz scissors? They are great! I love them! They definitely lived up to the hype in the craft blogosphere. Here are some highlights.
  • I like how they have the cushion-y handles for a comfortable grip.
  • I like the serrated edge for smooth and detailed snipping. Cutting out a bazillion panda ears and black eyes out of cardstock last Friday seemed easier with them, compared to using regular scissors.
  • I like the non-stick material the shears are made of. I could cut up mini glue dots for today's card without worrying that my scissors were going to get all gummy.
  • I like how there's a protective sheath to cover the pointy end when not in use. The end is quite pointy. Definitely not a set of scissors to be running around with, not that you should be running around with scissors anyway.
For cutting wider ribbon, I think I still prefer the pair of Fiskars scissors that I "borrowed" from Mom. The length of the Fiskars shears are longer, so I can snip ribbon in one snip. I can't really do that with the Tim Holtz ones because they are on the short side. I'd have to open and close them at least twice to make it to the other side of the ribbon, and then I risk not having a straight cut. Just my two cents.

I decided to work on CPS sketch #178 earlier in the week, rather than later. I took out the red American Crafts paper that I used in yesterday's card (and come to think of of it, Friday's card too), and used it as the main part of today's card. I also broke out some of the red flower ribbon to use as an accent at the top. In order to get the ribbon to stick to the card, I used my Tim Holtz scissors to cut mini glue dots into smaller pieces and stuck them on the back of the ribbon. I originally used a border punch on the bottom of the red piece, but then I thought the decorative edge would compete with the red ribbon on top, so I covered it with the green strip of cardstock. If I had a white gel pen, I'd do some faux stitching on the brown section. I'll have to invest in one (or a few) soon.
Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Chestnut Roan
Stamp: Fiskars- Thank You (sentiment)
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper
Paper: American Crafts- Metropolitan

Anna the spin instructor is on vacation so there was a sub today. It was a tough workout, but it made going to the gym totally worth it tonight. The endorphins really helped get out of a Monday funk.

Happy link: Gives Me Hope (credit: Julie, my sister)

Song of the day: "Simply the Best"- Tina Turner

0 comments :

Post a Comment