Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Back at Home

Ahhh, home. It's awesome, even with my (sometimes) crazy parents and ever-present cat hair.

I forgot to tell a Random Act of Kindness story from yesterday. It's not something that I did, but it was something that affected me. My group and I were trying to find a parking spot at the laboratory yesterday. Luckily, there was a guy backing out so we took his spot. He stopped my co-worker's husband that was driving the car that we were in by rolling down the window. He handed us something. It was a paid parking slip. It was good until midnight. Hooray for not having to pay for parking! Thanks, nice random dude. :)

I went on a craft store run this afternoon to cash in on some sales they were having and came home with some Tim Holtz Distress Inks (40% off), Colorbox chalk ink in Blackbird (40% off), American Crafts stamp set (used 50% coupon) and...well, Michaels was playing Christmas music over the loudspeaker. It must have been part of their evil plan to get me to buy Christmas related items.

Which I did.

Sigh. ::shakes fist::

It was only one item: My Mind's Eye- Countdown to Christmas paper pack (40% off). There were other Christmas paper packs that were adorable (Die Cuts with a View and another MME one), but I told myself that I could only pick one. It was too cute to pass up, and it's a little glittery. Hello, sparkles!

Target was having a sale on athletic clothes, so I invested in some running tights- knee length and full length. I have been eyeing some 8Ks in 2011 (not committed, yet. read: too scared to commit right now), and if I want to get myself ready, I need to be running more outside. The treadmill is just dreadful. I need to visual cues letting me know that I'm actually moving somewhere. Anyway, the full length tights are really quite warm. I thought I was going to start sweating in the fitting room. I guess they work, huh? Hopefully they do the trick this winter.

The gym added some new classes to the schedule, one of them being TH night spin class. Yay! I went since I wouldn't be able to go on Saturday because of craft fair #2.

For today's card, I wanted to use some of the supplies that I bought from today's shopping trip. I also wanted to use this half-finished card that was sitting on my desk. I originally wanted to use it for this card, but after I glued the 3rd flower, I realized that a 4th one wouldn't fit. Oops. I started out thinking that the card was going to be a landscape one, but then I thought it'd be more interesting if I turned it so that it'd be a portrait card. The thing that I liked about the My Mind's Eye collection is that some of the papers don't have to be for just Christmas related projects.

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Blackbird
Stamps: The Paper Company Studio- Christmas Expressions (sentiment)
Paper: My Mind's Eye- Countdown to Christmas (red polka dot)
Punch: Fiskars scalloped sentiment border punch, We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper
Die: Cuttlebug- Flowers

P.S. Happy Veteran's Day. Thank you to those who have served, are currently serving, and will be serving (and your support at home, wherever that may be).

0 comments :

Post a Comment