Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Origami Rooster Birthday Card

I scored half of an Italian sandwich and a bag of chips from Potbelly at the office today. Jennifer the officemate gave me the tip. It's good to have officemates like that! That meal totally beat the PBJ and banana lunch I brought from home.

I have a friend's birthday that's coming up pretty soon, so I decided to make a card for her. From her home decor, I found out that she's a big fan of chickens. This was not evident when I went to school with her. I guess chickens and college dorms don't really go together. I decided to make an origami chicken birthday card. I used my Distress Inks, and instead of using them as watercolors like in yesterday's card, I decided to apply them and blend them with a makeup foam sponge. Yes, I suppose I could buy those foam applicators that Tim Holtz has, but really, this will do just fine (that's my crafty tip- find alternatives for crafty supplies to save money). I wanted to do a sunrise-y scene which I thought would complement the rooster. For some texture, I ran the green hilly things through my Cuttlebug. Ta da!

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Charcoal. Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Barn Door and Wild Honey.
Stamps: Savvy Stamps (sentiment)
White Gel Pen: Inkssentials
Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug (Victoria)

P.S. OMG, paper cuts via cardstock hurt like hell. Not advisable.

1 comments :

pcentral said...

I love it, you really know how to combine the colors. Thanks for sharing

Post a Comment