Pages

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

Hmm...what's that sound? ::strains ear to listen closer::

Gasp! Can it be??

Oh, yes. It's silence. That's what I woke up to this morning, instead of chatty kids at the bus stop across the street or my cell phone alarm. Ah, it's awesome.

After some breakfast and surfing the Net, I geared up for a run around the neighborhood. During the first few steps, I was thinking that this was going to be the fastest 1.7 mile lap around the neighborhood because it was a little nippy outside (40 degrees). After my legs got moving, it was starting to feel normal. My mp3 player ran out of juice at the end of the 1.7 miles, but my legs still had energy so I ended up going for 3.9 miles! Buh-BYE 400+ calories. :)

Last Friday, one of my co-workers asked me to make a birthday card for his wife that had her name on it. Yesterday, he called me up (even though he was working from home) to say how much his wife loved the card. I love spreading joy like that, one card at a time!

For those of you who celebrate Thanksgiving, I hope that you had a wonderful one with your family and loved ones. I went to my uncle's house for Thanksgiving. Many of my cousins were there. The meal was awesome, as usual. Turkey, veggies, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, stuffed mushrooms (my contribution), and 3 kinds of pie (my sister's contribution). After dinner, we watched one of my favorite movies- The Blind Side. I will not be participating in the before the crack-of-dawn Black Friday festivities, but I might venture out tomorrow afternoon. I'm hoping to do most of my Christmas shopping through Etsy anyway. Hooray for handmade! Here are some foody pictures, a pic with my sister, and my dad with my uncle's cat.

0 comments :

Post a Comment