Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

Case of the Mondays

Ugh. This cold did not go away by this morning, as I was hoping. I mean, it's not a full fledged cold (thank goodness), but it's annoying enough that I didn't think that I'd be super productive if I went to the office. It'd be really un-public-health-y if I went to the office sniffling and being gross, huh? Good thing I had my work computer at home to take care of some things.

Since I decided not to go to spin until I was feeling closer to 100%, I had some extra time to make 2 cards, instead of the usual 1. I decided to go with a Christmas theme again. For the first card, I wanted to use some new patterned paper and ribbon (check and check). For the second card, I wanted to do a card using my new Distress Inks but it was starting to get messy, so I decided to go in a different direction. I took out some gold embossing powder that I'd been wanting to use and picked out a berry stamp that I hadn't used yet. The new direction turned out to be "masculine Christmas card," given its darker colors. I like how it's shimmery, without being too blatant.
Card Specs (Merry Christmas):
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Blackbird
Stamps: The Paper Company Studio- Christmas Expressions
Paper: My Mind's Eye- Countdown to Christmas
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, Fiskars Upper Crest border punch
Ribbon: Sweet Petites from A.C. Moore
Glitter Glue: Studio G
Other: Black Sharpie Ultra Fine Point marker

Card Specs (Warmest Wishes):

Embossing powder: Personal Stamp Exchange in Detail Gold, Stampendous! in white
Embossing ink: VersaMark
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Chestnut Roan
Stamps: SEI- Winter Song (all)
Other: Brown Sharpie Ultra Fine Point marker
Foam adhesive: Thermoweb

0 comments :

Post a Comment