Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Christmas 2010 Cards Scrapped

The snowy weather has put a cramp in my plans again. Well, not really MY plans, but the plans of some people that were supposed to come to an in-person meeting tomorrow. I got several emails and calls today saying "Uhh, sorry, Tina..." Oh well, what can you do? At least they can dial in on the phone.

I went out to dinner with my boss and my committee chair. We got Italian food, and I had some awesome meat lasagna. Yummm.

I took some inspiration from Nichol Magouirk's recent post about creating a page that would hold the Christmas cards she received the past holiday season. While I didn't have a fancy pocket like she has, I made my own with some adhesive and American Crafts paper. The snowflake was made by folding up a piece of paper several times and making random cuts in it. I felt like I was back in 4th grade art class. It'll be cool to look back upon this page in a few years and re-read everyone's holiday message.

Page Specs:
Embossing powder: Personal Stamp Exchange- Black
Embossing ink: VersaMark
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Warm Red. VersaMagic chalk ink in Cloud White.
Paper: American Crafts- Merrymint
Stamp: Fiskars- Winter Wonderland (snowflakes), The Paper Company Studio- Christmas Expressions (sentiment, presents)
White Gel Pen: Inkssentials
Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 8
Stickers: American Crafts Chipboard Thickers in Darling (white)

2 comments :

June K. said...

Tina, thanks for giving me an alternative way to store some of my Xmas photo cards and special cards I receive. I always felt the need to scrap each of them and so I've fallen behind. I still have my 2009 Christmas to scrap and so I have TWO years worth. You shown me that I can put several in a decorated pocket and it's okay to do that.

Maureen Cracknell Handmade said...

What a great idea!

Post a Comment