Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Trigger Tuesday: Sweets for the Sweet

I wore my yellow puffy vest, white long sleeve, and black pants to work today. As I stepped into the hallway to go to the kitchen, the IT guy was like "Well, hello, bumblebee." Hardy har har. I wondered how long it'd take for someone to say something like that. It took all about 5 minutes. Do I know my officemates or what?

Here's my take on this week's Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger Challenge (Sweets for the Sweet). Like whoa. Check out all that pink. Ok, so where to begin? Well, when I first looked at the picture, I thought the wrappers looked like the paper rosettes that are all the rage right now. I wanted to put a cream colored heart on top of the rosette to imitate the sweets in the picture. I completed the card with some pink and cream paper accents and of course, some rhinestones for some extra texture.
Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Rouge. Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Antique Linen, Tattered Rose, and Barn Door
Paper: American Crafts- Letterbox, Basic Grey- Bittersweet, American Crafts Specialty Paper in Pearl (pink textured)
Stamp: Inkadinkado (flowers), Fiskars- Romance (sentiment)
Punch: Fiskars Scalloped Sentiment punch, EK Success Scalloped Circle punch (2 inch), Marvy Uchida (heart)
White Gel Pen: Inkssentials
Foam adhesive: Thermoweb

Song of the day: "Hello World"- Lady Antebellum. Have you seen the music video? It almost made me tear up.

2 comments :

Almost Precious said...

The pink is so romantic, more so than red, or at least in my opinion. Perfect for that special Valentine.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Tina! What a sweet approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

Post a Comment