Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Guilt-Inspired Spinning

So, last week, y'all heard about my Guilt-Inspired Running. Today, we'll talk about Guilt-Inspired Spinning. I got to the gym right as the 8:30 AM spin class was starting. I was about to adjust the seat forward when I noticed that the knob was gone! Uh oh. I let the instructor know and hopped on a different bike that not yet been taken. I asked around, and people said that the clip was broken, but the bike itself wasn't taken. Since I don't use spinning shoes, I was good to go. Clearly the Exercise Gods wanted me to get a workout in today. After all the eating that I'd done these past few days, I felt like I needed to kick my workout up a notch so I stayed for the second class of the morning. I had no other plans, so I thought "Meh, why not?" I thought it was a 45 minute class like the 8:30 one, but when the second instructor said that we had "an hour allotment", I had a moment of panic. Uh oh. Well, I'm already here. And the class already started. I can't just leave! Thankfully, with the upbeat music, the class went by pretty quickly.

I was feeling pretty energized after class, but then that energy level came crashing down this afternoon so I took a nice nap.

I made some cards for the shop, but the project that I wanted to share today is a scrapbook page that I did of Ginger sleeping. I found this kitty paper that I bought maybe 2 years ago and I have finally found a use for it! I love how there are kitty-related words that go along with the kitty images. I made sure that the word "yawn" wasn't covered up so that I could make note of it using the arrow. I also liked how the paper could be easily cut into strips for this page. I tried to make the photos look like they were from a film strip by using the black borders, but without the little punch-out squares associated with film strips, they are just black borders. I wanted to make sure I tied in some orange since Ginger is an orange tabby cat. Finally, I added Glossy Accents and a few brads to the page to add some dimension and visual interest.

I'm going emo today with some black nail polish, but jazzing it up with some sparkles. Can you be emo with sparkles? Hmmm...I guess not. Never mind.

Page Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Chestnut Roan. StazOn in Pumpkin.
Paper: K.I. Memories- Pet Shop Here Kitty, Die Cuts with a View- Citrus, My Mind's Eye- Bloom & Grow
Stamp: K.I. Memories- Mixed Up Alpha (z), Autumn Leaves- Universal Symbols (journaling spot)
White Gel Pen: Inkssentials
Ribbon: Sweet Petites from A.C. Moore
Brad: Recollections- Silver Circles, Making Memories- Fresh Anthology
Foam adhesive: Thermoweb
Other: Glossy Accents

0 comments :

Post a Comment