Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Spelling Lessons

Julie's home for a little bit this weekend. Here's a snippet from our IM conversation earlier today. You have to read this conversation with the fact that my sister is a few hours away at school and doesn't just drop everything and come home normally. But I guess the timing was just right.

[14:25] Sister: ok, i'm coming home... hah
[14:25] Sister: they have an opening for tomorrow
[14:25] Me: uh like MD home? what?
[14:25] Me: you're coming home to talk to Dr. S?
[14:27] Sister: just a general check-up
[14:27] Sister: my tooth really isn't bothering me
[14:28] Sister: ok, i'm going to go back to the house and pack up then... b/c it's supposed to snow tonight
[14:29] Me: uh, you're going home now?
[14:29] Sister: yeah
[14:29] Me: oh, uh ok!
[14:29] Me: drive safely!
[14:29] Sister: perfect, b/c i need to do laundry this weekend... muah ha ha ha

Spelling was never my strength in school. Hello? That's why there's spell check. MS Word developers were geniuses when they decided to denote a misspelling with a red squiggle AND give suggestions on how to fix it. I wanted to use some chipboard letter stickers to spell out "Best Wishes." I counted the letters in the sticker package and thought I had the right number. But then I started peeling them off only to realize that I'm 1 "s" short. Shoot. I ended up handwriting the sentiment instead with a Ranger watermark pen and used white embossing powder to make it stand out against the pink paper. I really thought there needed to be something on the right of the sentiment, but I thought Prima flowers would have been too overwhelming. Fortunately, my Martha Stewart butterfly punch was standing by. P.S. Check out those bow tying skillz. :)

Card Specs:
Embossing powder: Stampendous! in white
Embossing ink: Ranger Perfect Medium pen
Paper: American Crafts- Dear Lizzy
White Gel Pen: Inkssentials
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, Fiskars Upper Crest border punch, Martha Stewart- Classic Butterfly
Other: Brown Sharpie Ultra Fine Point marker

2 comments :

Victoria said...

That's a very pretty card! You have an eye for colour. :)

Beth Howard said...

That came out beautifully!

Post a Comment