Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

CPS #203

I was on a definite roll this morning: took care of a load of laundry, shredded documents I no longer needed, and scrubbed down the bathroom. Woot for productivity! :)

While I was working on a valentine card today, the inked stamp accidentally fell off my work space and fell onto my UMD scrubs. (insert explicative) I ran to the bathroom and wiped a damp cloth over it a few times. Whew, it came off! Crisis averted. How funny would it not be if you had "Happy Valentine's Day" permanently stamped on your pajamas? :P

I started out with kraft cardstock and yellow American Crafts Letterbox collection paper for my CPS#203 card. I knew that I needed to fill that yellow panel with something, but couldn't decide what. I continued to dig through the paper collection and saw that one of the sheets was torn. Huh. I wonder how that happened. Oh well. I made it work by cutting out the flowers that were in that torn sheet and using them as embellishments. Give yourself permission to alter products and use them in a different way to stretch your dollar a little.

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Blackbird. Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Vintage Photo
Paper: American Crafts- Letterbox
Stamp: The Paper Company Studio- Greetings (sentiment)
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, Martha Stewart- Classic Butterfly
White Gel Pen: Inkssentials

I'm in the home stretch of "not buying new crafty things for a month" goal, but you know what? It's actually not that hard anymore to not give into the temptation to buy something. As long as I don't set foot into the craft store, I'm good. Online shopping is a different story though, BUT once I notice myself browsing a shop for a while, I quickly close the window. Out of sight, out of mind. I might have to break down after a month and restock on necessities like red cardstock. Valentine's Day is putting a dent in my supply.

3 comments :

June K. said...

Isn't it a pain that papers that need to be shredded pile up so fast? Shredding paper always feels like such a chore for me. Gosh it is so easy I don't know why I put it off so much.

Glad you are doing well on the craft diet. I'm doing well too. You are right. It's been much easier than I thought it would be.

Jacqueline said...

Followed the sketch to a "T"

www.madebyjacqueline.blogspot.com

Anne Tussing said...

Great card! Love where you placed the sentiment and the gems!

Post a Comment