Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Early Bird

Wow, I managed to get to the office at 7:30 this morning. In fact, I think I was the first one in today. This is a rarity, I promise you. 8:00 AM conference calls will do that to you. On the bright side, I was able to leave early and take a nice long post-work nap. It was awesome.

You know what's not awesome? Feeling sore the day after a run. You'd think that because I go to spin class frequently and use my leg muscles that'd I'd feel totally fine. But no. Unfortunately, that's be a wrong assumption. Well, considering I hadn't run outside in about a month, I suppose the soreness should have been expected.

Let's go back to things that are awesome: food at work. There was a presentation, and there was pizza provided. Yay!

Oh, another thing that's awesome (and then I'll get to today's card). Remember the homeless guy with the radio voice? Well, it looks he's gotten quite a few job offers to pick from now. He was even on The Today Show this morning and eventually reunited with his mother after 20 years. I almost teared up when I watched the video clip of him talking to his mother. It sounds like he turned his life around, go him! :)

For tonight's card, I thought back to this home decor challenge. While I don't have any lamp stamps, that doesn't mean that I can't a lamp image of my own. By turning a flower pot upside down, I created a lampshade and then I tacked on a vase as lamp's body. Ta da!

Card Specs:
Embossing powder: Stampendous! in white
Embossing ink: VersaMark
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Warm Red and Prussian Blue, StazOn in Jet Black
Stamp: Inkadinkado (alphabet), Fiskars- Friendship Flowers (flower pot, vase)
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, Fiskars Upper Crest border punch
Paper: American Crafts- Letterbox, Die Cuts With a View- Citrus
White Gel Pen: Inkssentials
Foam adhesive: EK Success

0 comments :

Post a Comment