Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Wedding Reception Food Scrapped

This year, I want to get better about actually printing out digital pictures. I guess it's an unofficial New Year's Resolution. I have an almost complete package of photo paper in my desk drawer, and I don't want it to go to waste. Solution: scrapbooking! I'm always awestruck when I see crafty bloggers showcase their work online. They are so talented in how they tell their stories through the photos and decorate their pages so creatively. Last night, I made an effort to learn about clipping masks on Photoshop and cropping some of the food pictures from Jenny's wedding reception and creating a scrapbook page out of them. I'll be scrapping people pictures this week. Thanks, L, for sending this one over :)

From listening to Paperclipping Roundtable these past few months, the possibilities of scrapbooking are endless. 8.5x11, 12x12, mini books, etc. I decided to go with 8.5x11 because that's what I had available and I could easily scan it using my printer. 12x12 is too big for my printer and that amount of space is kinda intimidating. I used pink and teal as accents because they were colors seen in the destination wedding photos. I used cream cardstock and die cut flowers out of it, similar to this card, which I gave to the bride and groom on Saturday. I finally found a use for a label stamp so that I could include date information. My place card is attached on the upper right. As an aside, I'm glad that I was able to incorporate so many different supplies in this page. The sooner I use things up, the sooner I can buy new stuff. Mwah ha ha.

Page Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Chestnut Roan
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, Fiskars Scalloped Sentiment border punch
Stamps: Fiskars- Romance (heart), Martha Stewart- Clear Label Stamps (label)
Die: Cuttlebug- Flowers (flowers)
Flower: Prima
Button: Favorite Findings in Pink
Stickers: American Crafts Chipboard Thickers in Typo
Other: Magenta Sharpie Ultra Fine Point marker

Tonight, I went out to dinner with my current boss and my former boss. We went to Nando's, where I got a chicken sandwich, mashed potatoes (yum), and enough Coke Zero that I'm suspicious that it's what most of my water content is now.

2 comments :

Laura said...

your page looks great! I think noms is so funny!! :)

Pattie said...

Cute! And I know what you mean,I have so many pictures on my computer, and not one printed! It's crazy, maybe I should add that to my list off goals as well :)

Post a Comment