Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Cards Magazine Challenge

I cranked out another 4.85 miles around the neighborhood this afternoon. I didn't even get through my first mile and I was already thinking that I wasn't sure if I was going to make it to 4.85. It just goes to show that running is also a mental activity. With about a month left until the 8K race, I WILL be ready for it!

This week's Cards Magazine challenge is cards using border punches. I looked at some of my kraft cardstock and figured that if I used a scalloped border punch on the scraps and layered them, it could look like the shingles of a roof. I also had some flower punch outs that I was going to use for another card, but didn't. So then I punched 4 flowers, layered them, stuck a brad through all 4 layers, and crumpled them up a little. I thought the card needed some more elements for it to look like a scene so I added an "upper crest" grass border and a sun.

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Warm Green, Charcoal. Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Wild Honey, Vintage Photo
Stamps: Fiskars- Friendship Garden (flower stems), Fiskars- Thank You (sentiment)
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, Fiskars Upper Crest border punch, Fiskars Scalloped Sentiment border punch, Marvy Uchida (sun), Carla Craft sakura punch
Paper: American Crafts- City Park (pink, blue), American Crafts (pink), Die Cuts with a View (ledger paper)
Other: Brown Sharpie Ultra Fine Point marker
Brad: Making Memories Brad Value Pack- Chelsea's Place collection

Song of the day: "Don't You Wanna Stay" - Jason Aldean (ft. Kelly Clarkson). I heard it on the drive home last night from dinner.

0 comments :

Post a Comment