Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Dessert Comes First

Today was a very busy day at work. I had 2 conference calls that I had to take care of while also participate in an all day meeting. My boss was nice enough to save me a boxed lunch that was provided for staff members attending the meeting. When I opened the box, I dove into the cookie. My boss's boss pointed out that I started with dessert first. Well, DUH. It was on top and it looked yummy...of course, I'm going to eat it first. I heard some talk about people doing some cookie swapping earlier and apparently, oatmeal cookie is low on the cookie totem pole. Funny enough, that's the cookie that I ended up with. But I had no complaints.

Even though my day ended later than normal, I made a point to go to spin class tonight, instead of taking a nap when I got home. The past few days have been really foody. I need to balance that out with some exercise. The mic system in the spin room hasn't been working properly recently, and the instructor had to yell. I still had no idea what she was saying because she turned the music up so loud. It all worked out because I could follow along just by following her lead. No biggie.

Here's the card for tonight. I knew I wanted to use some Dear Lizzy paper and a floral stamp that I hadn't used in a while. I first stamped the floral image on the card base and then cut out a piece of the paper big enough to cover the front of the card. Then I drew a faint pencil line to guide my scissors as I cut a curvy space so that you could see the flowers. I punched out a border out of some scrap paper, tied a bow, and stamped a sentiment. I stamped the flourish at the last minute over some black "oops" marks.

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Warm Green, Blackbird
Stamp: The Paper Company Studio- Greetings (sentiment), Inkadinkado (flower, flourish)
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, Fiskars Scalloped Sentiment border punch
Paper: American Crafts- Dear Lizzy

1 comments :

Tiffany Barry said...

I love it!

Thanks for sharing!

-Tiffany Rainey with Will Write 4 Food
http://tiffanywillwrite4food.weebly.com
http://tiffanywillwrite4food.blogspot.com

Post a Comment