Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

CPS #206

I got some great shopping deals today!
  • My ATG gun adhesive ran out, so I went to Michaels and got a 2-pack. Originally $5.99. Used A.C.Moore 55% off coupon. New price $2.70. I also got 3 small containers of buttons in the dollar bin (red, white, black...Twilight, anyone? It wasn't on purpose, I promise).
  • Went to Tuesday Morning and bought 3 stamp sets (2 for $1.99 each, 1 for $2.99) and a Martha Stewart sticker pack for $0.99.
** TMI alert **

Earlier this week, I asked Meg for advice on how to prevent blisters while running, and she suggested the I find some moisture wicking socks. After making my crafty rounds this morning, I went to Sports Authority to get some athletic socks. I felt like I was in the cereal aisle at the grocery store because of all the options. No joke. Despite picking up a 3-pack of new socks ($10), I still ended up with blisters on my feet (one on each foot, matching locations) when I went out for a 4.85 mile run this afternoon. At least I didn't feel the blisters at all. Maybe I just need to give in and buy new running shoes.

** Ok, we're good **

I wanted to dive right into the paper supplies that I got from Meg and Robyn last night. This card that I made is based on CPS #206 and incorporates paper from each of the ladies (the blue is from Meg and the flowers are punched out of elephant poop paper...no, it doesn't smell bad). I couldn't resist folding an origami elephant to accompany the flowers.

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Blackbird
Stamps: The Paper Company Studio- Greetings (sentiment)
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, Carla Craft sakura punch, Marvy Uchida (3 inch circle)
Paper:`Die Cuts with a View- Sweet Stack (blue), g.c.d. Studios- Chianti Collection, Peekaboo (red)
Other: Black Sharpie Ultra Fine Point marker

6 comments :

amber said...

wow - that elephant is amazing! very unique and very cute! :)

Kathleen said...

Love your cards/blog!

Have you tried "Thorlo" socks? They're a little pricey, but they're cushioned and wicks moisture.

galoregirl said...

lov, lov, lov the elephant origami! U so talented!san

Jacqueline said...

Love the elephant and the oragami spin - great idea. I invite u to checked out my submission for CPS 206

Christine said...

Oh, this card is so beautiful and creative with the origami! Thumbs up!

Stacy Rogers said...

So cute! Your elephant is adorable :)

Post a Comment