Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me, Part 2

This morning, at the end of spin class, the instructor rummaged around and said "Ok, who took my shoes?" One of the ladies that was just about to leave realized that she was the culprit and gave them back. I guess she was running on auto-pilot, even though she had put her street shoes in a bag before the class started. Ha ha.

I went out with my friends Robyn and Meg for my birthday dinner. Although the wait at The Cheesecake Factory was over an hour, it was totally worth it. I got the chicken marsala and because the portion is so big, I'm happy to report that I have leftovers for tomorrow. After dinner, we went to Borders, which was having a storewide going-out-of-business sale. And then we ended up back at the house to finish our cheesecakes that we got to-go and rehashed stories from college, which, yes, are still funny the 10 billionth time. Meg got me some paper crafting supplies (candy/cupcake themed this time, instead of the tropical theme last year) and Robyn got me a cute cat coin purse and some paper made from elephant poop. Yes, there is such a thing! :)

When I was reading some blogs this afternoon, I saw Christine from ScrapTime create some fabric flowers, and I wanted to try it out for myself. I had bought some fabric last week and this was a great opportunity to use it. In the video, it looks like she's using something like a giant glue dot to get the fabric to stay put when rolling the flower together. Since I don't have that product, I just used my ATG gun and dabbed some Glossy Accents in some of the folds to keep the flower together once the adhesive dries. I guess I could have used a hot glue gun, but it has a tendency to be messy (although, that's what I used to stick the gem in the center of the flower).

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Warm Green, Blackbird
Stamps: Inkadinkado (leaves), The Paper Company Studio- Greetings (sentiment)
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, Martha Stewart- Classic Butterfly
Brad: Recollections
White Gel Pen: Inkssentials
Ribbon: Sweet Petites from A.C. Moore

0 comments :

Post a Comment