Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

Surprise Snail Mail

Hope everyone enjoyed the Super Bowl last night! I have to admit that I'm not really a football follower, but since my cousin invited us over last night to watch it on his big screen TV and eat dinner, I figured "why not?" After watching all those commercials (the Darth Vader Volkswagen ad was my favorite...either that one or the beaver Bridgestone one), I forsee myself going to the movies frequently this upcoming summer. They played quite a few movie trailers during the game. I would pay the $10 or whatever to oogle at Chris Evans as Captain America. I'm a sucker for comic book-turned-movie movies. Transformers 3 also seemed promising, as well as Thor. Not to mention that Harry Potter 7, Part 2 and Breaking Dawn are coming out too. I wonder how much a reserved seat at a movie theater would cost.

We got surprise snail mail today. Martha Stewart Living magazine, February 2011 issue. Addressed to Dad. HUH? Domestic is not a word that I'd associate with Dad. I asked him about it and he gave me a puzzled look. And then the light bulb turned on. He had some extra credit card points or something and decided to use it for magazines. I guess he checked off all the news and business related ones that he could because MSL is the most randomist choice ever for him. But, I'm not complaining. At least I get to enjoy the magazine. The photography (especially the ones where food is the subject) is awesome.

I wanted to use up these 1.5 inch rounded corner square that I had on my desk that was going to use for another card, but didn't. I punched out 2 butterflies and used embossing powder on the last square (StazOn ink wasn't leaving as much of an impact as I would have liked). Then I used a strip of purple cardstock leftover from my friend Cristina's wedding invitation scraps. I considered putting a purple stamped image in each of the white circles but thought it'd be overboard so I only did one column of them. As a finishing touch, I adhered some rhinestone gems, rounded the corners of the card, and drew in some faux stitching. Now I'll have to figure out what to do with the butterflies that I punched out.

Card Specs:
Embossing powder: Personal Stamp Exchange- Black
Embossing ink: VersaMark
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Wisteria
Paper: American Crafts- Dear Lizzy (teal)
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, Martha Stewart- Classic Butterfly
Stamp: The Paper Company Studio- Greetings (sentiment, flower), Fiskars- Friendship Garden (heart)
Other: Black Sharpie Ultra Fine Point marker

Song of the day: "Shake It"- Metro Station. I listened to it many times at work (I wonder if anyone at the office saw me headbopping to the music while I was listening to it via my headphones), and Anna even played it during spin class tonight.

0 comments :

Post a Comment