Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Deals and Dinner

I felt like a ping-pong ball and a gopher today. A ping-pong ball because I was bouncing from store to store, looking for good crafty deals all afternoon. And a gopher because I had to dig, dig, dig through the messy aisles to find good stuff. The hard work paid off because I was triumphant today! Let me count the ways:
  • From Michaels: large music score stamp (originally $10+) and it was on clearance AND I had a 40% off coupon. $4.45
  • From Tuesday Morning: 1 pack, 25 sheets of 12x12 inch red cardstock. $2.99
  • From Joann's: 1 pack, 50 sheets of 8.5 x 11 inch green cardstock (originally $3.99). 50% off sale + 40% off coupon. $1.20
  • From TJMaxx: 1 pack, 180 sheets of Die Cuts with a View paper- Stack 7. $5.99
I bought 2 $1 stamps and some "fat quarter" fabric today (for my fabric flower pins) from Joann's, but they were not on sale. Oh, and the funny thing today was that I used competitor coupons today and they still worked! It doesn't hurt to try.

When I came home from my errands this morning, I made some more blueberry muffin tops. They went buh-byE very quickly when I made them on Tuesday.

Earlier tonight, I went to Arlington to have a dinner pow-wow with my friends Meg and Robyn. The last time the three of us had hung out was at the National Zoo in early December. We went to a Thai place, and I got my go-to order of chicken pad thai. We also shared dessert: sticky rice + mango and banana bread pudding. Yum!

Yeah, so I'm definitely going for a run tomorrow. I'm going to try for 5 miles again!

I was very excited to use the background stamp that I purchased today. I was also determined to use scraps. The only piece I used that wasn't a scrap was the white card base. Everything else was from a piece that I had cut from before. I'm not big on the vintage, but seeing as I used a lot of darker colors and an ink called "antique linen," I think my attempt at vintage-y came out pretty good!

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Maroon, Charcoal. Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Antique Linen.
Stamps: Inkadinkado (sentiment, bird), Stampendous (music score)
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, Fiskars Threading Waters border punch
Paper: American Crafts- City Park (brown)
Other: Brown Sharpie Ultra Fine Point marker

Song of the day: "Paralyzer"- Finger Eleven. I heard it at spin this morning.

0 comments :

Post a Comment