Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Foody Wednesday

Do you ever have that sinking feeling that you forgot something at home as you're reaching your destination?

I have.

Like today.

On my way to work. About 2 traffic lights away from the office.

I forgot the cookies that I baked last night for today's potluck! Noooo. ::frown:: Super. It ended up working out because I was able to get some work done for a few hours and then zoom home to get the cookies and zoom back to the office. They were a big hit, as I was able to give away all of them before I left the office. I was left with one at home that I had set aside last night. The potluck was a success too. So many people pitched in to bring or make food: noodles, veggies, hummas, fruit, and LOTS of desserts (fudge, brownies, cake, homemade banana pudding, etc.). We know how to throw a good party. The potluck was for a co-worker whose last day was today. I'm going to miss her. We had a fun time in Denver last fall. :'(

Tonight, I went to my cousin's house for dinner to celebrate my aunt's birthday and the Lunar New Year. This is celebration #2, since we already had a big dinner this past weekend. My family just likes to find excuses to get together and eat.

For tonight's card, I wasn't really sure what I wanted to make. I decided to dig through my crafty stash for the rub-ons at the bottom of the box. I'm not big on rub-ons, but since I have them, I might as well use them. I started out with just the frame and large floral image, but then I thought the floral image needed more "umph" so I tacked on the smaller floral. I hadn't intended on using a butterfly punch, but I accidentally scratched the flower, so my solution was to cover up my mistake. Hey, make it work.

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Rose Coral
Stamp: Hero Arts- Thinking of You Messages (sentiment)
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, Fiskars Threading Waters border punch, Martha Stewart- Classic Butterfly
Paper: American Crafts- Letterbox
Rub-on: American Crafts, Mini Marks, Accents, Book Three (flower), Book Two (frame)
Other: Brown Sharpie Ultra Fine Point marker

0 comments :

Post a Comment