Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Crafty Presents!

My new running shoes have been shipped, yay! I love prompt customer service!

After a day of conference calls, I wasn't sure if I'd make it to the gym tonight for spin class, but I forced myself to go and got a good workout in return. Go me.

My sister made a pit stop at home before driving to a grad school visit and left me some crafty presents on my desk (the other half to be opened on Saturday at the family birthday celebration). 3 packs of stickers, 2 rolls of glue dots (I'm down to 3 glue dots...this was a necessity!) and 2 stamps, and each crafty item came with a little note written on a Post-It note. My challenge tonight was "to incorporate at least one of these items" in my cards tonight and tomorrow night. "Bonus points if you can incorporate more than 1 item. Glue dots don't count!"

Alright, I'm up for a challenge! I had a kraft cardbase already cut out so that's what I started with. Then I looked at the stickers: animal, fish, and floral. I really liked the cream colored flowers against the kraft cardstock. Then I chose some bright colors that would go well with the flowers. The stamp was one that she gave me, so I definitely get bonus points!

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Blackbird
Stamps: Studio G (sentiment)
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, Martha Stewart Doily Lace border punch
Stickers: Jolee's Boutique- Cream Flower
Paper: Die Cuts with a View- Stack 7
White Gel Pen: Inkssentials

0 comments :

Post a Comment