Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

(Insert Catchy Title Here)

I made it to spin class this morning with no problem and was able to get a bike without fear that someone was going to bump me off. It helps to have a reservation! I usually take the bike that's close to the mirror, but recently I've been taking a bike that's next to the window. It's definitely a better view, but I'm hesitant to make it my new bike, because it kinda goes against the unspoken rule that the bike you take on your first few classes becomes "your bike." Maybe I can subscribe to the "first come, first served" rule.

After spin class, I zoomed over to a local diner to have breakfast with some friends. I found out that one of them bought the house next to a family friend. What a small world we live in! It was nice to catch up with them and chat about life/recent adventures and get a pep talk. It's nice to have cheerleaders. :)

For tonight's card, I wanted to use some of the pink City Park paper that I already cut into last night. I started out with a piece that covered the whole card front and built from there. I cut the strip of cream cardstock leftover from my friend Cristina's wedding invitation scraps and laid it out at an angle across the card front. I started to diecut a bunch of light green flowers, but then realized that it didn't really match with the pink background. I went with Plan B and diecut flowers from a blue paper that was also from the City Park collection. The gems added some extra sparkle, visual interest and texture.

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Chestnut Roan
Stamp: Studio G
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, Marvy Uchida sakura punch
Paper: American Crafts- City Park
Die: Cuttlebug- Flowers (flowers)
Other: Brown Sharpie Ultra Fine Point marker

0 comments :

Post a Comment