Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Another Office Goodbye

Today, I went out to lunch with some of my co-workers to say goodbye to one of my teammates. His official last day is tomorrow, but since my boss was in town, we did the group lunch today. There were so many things on the menu that I wanted to try, but I ended up with the grilled chicken salad (romaine, monterey jack cheese, black beans, avocado, crispy tortilla, ancho chili dressing). The dressing had a little kick to it which was a welcome diversion from my usual go-to thousand island salad dressing.

I had about 30 minutes to do some work after my lunch before I had to go get the cake that I ordered. When I went to order it yesterday, the options were half-sheet (feeds 36 people) or whole sheet cake (feeds 60 people). I'm glad that I went with the half-sheet even though 40 people RSVPed. We had only one row of cake left at the end of the event. I'm glad we didn't have more because I would have been tempted to take a lot of leftovers home!

Because of the cake consumption, I ended up going to Janice's spin class tonight. I guess everything evened out.

I went to my parents' house after the gym and as I was driving, I noticed that there was a car behind me that looked similar to theirs. As I got close to the house, I realized that it was them! Ah ha. This would explain why no one picked up the house phone.

I got a request for another "best wishes" card for a girl at the office. It's sad to see quite a few people leaving recently, but at least it's encouraging that there are jobs out there and people are hiring. Here's what I came up with.

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Blackbird, Dark Peony, Pink Pastel, Warm Green
Stamps: Studio G Ditto (sentiment), Inkadinkado- Nature
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, Martha Stewart- Classic Butterfly
Paper: American Crafts- City Park, American Crafts- Letterbox
Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 8
White Gel Pen: Uni-Ball Signo Broad White Gel Pen
Pearl: Queen & Co.- Sunflower Yellow

0 comments :

Post a Comment