Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

"That's all we can do."

At the office: ARGH! I am not one to like unwanted surprises, so when some people had to regretfully let me know that they couldn't attend the meeting at the end of the week in MN, I got a little panic-y this morning. Calling the hotel, calling the travel agent, talking to some of the VIPs this afternoon on a conference call to adjust and finalize the agenda. At least the materials got shipped to the hotel this afternoon. We'll just do what we can. "That's all we can do" = my boss's motto.

Kitty?: I was on the county animal shelter website this morning and apparently, they are doing a promotion with solid black cats or kittens by waiving shelter fees in the month of August. Hmmm. ;)

Card: I was inspired by this week's Make a Card Monday by Kristina Werner, where she made a card using the emboss resist technique. I dug out my clear embossing powder, picked out some stamps and Distress Inks, and got to work! I decided to go with some cooler colors, rather than bright and cheerful. Does that make the card too depressing, given the sentiment stamp that I chose? Hmm.

Card Specs:
Embossing powder: Stampendous! in clear
Embossing ink: VersaMark
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Charcoal. Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Broken China, Chipped Sapphire, Weathered Wood.
Stamps: The Paper Company Studio- Greetings (sentiment), Inkadinkado- Nature
Die: Cuttlebug- Flowers (flowers)
White Gel Pen: Inkssentials
Pearl: Queen & Co.- Pearl
Foam adhesive: Thermoweb

0 comments :

Post a Comment