Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

CARDS Magazine Challenge: Birthday Cards

At the office: I slipped out around lunchtime to go to the post office and then swing by the Pier 1. It's going out of business so everything was marked down. I was going there with the intention of finding some reed diffusers to make the new place smell nice. My boss gave me a vanilla scented one, and I put it in my bedroom. It makes me happy when I walk into my room and it smells nice. The scents that I chose were Island Orchard and Baked Apple and Dates. I really liked how there was a scratch-and-sniff sticker on the top so that you didn't have to open everything to see if you liked the scent. It reduces the chances of me dropping the whole thing at the store.

One of the directors is having a baby girl next month, so we, of course, celebrated with cake. I was THIS close to getting some frozen yogurt until I walked into the office next door to see if she wanted to come along. "Uhh, Tina, but we're having cake." Oh, yeah! Mmm, cake. I had a slice of the chocolate one with cherries.

Card: My ribbon flower card was featured in today's CARDS Magazine challenge blog post. :) The new challenge is to make a birthday card. I wanted to use some of the polymer clay flowers that I baked last night. I love being able to make my own embellishments!

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Blackbird, Warm Green
Stamps: Studio G (sentiment), Hero Arts- Cling Dots, Fiskars- Friendship Garden, Fiskars- Friendly Flowers
Paper: American Crafts- Dear Lizzy
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper
Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 4
Clay: Premo Sculpey Clay in Pearl
Other: Black American Crafts Stamp Marker

Off to the dentist tomorrow for a regular check-up. Fun times.

0 comments :

Post a Comment