Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2011

A Day at Hersheypark

Today, Meg, Robyn and Robyn's friend Adriane went to Hersheypark. This visit was supposed to happen weeks ago, but Hurricane Irene kinda put a kink in our plans. But that was all for the best because we definitely had better weather today.

The drive there was a little interesting. We noticed two different drivers who had very strange driving habits as we drove past them. One guy was referring to his iPad while driving. The other guy was brushing his teeth.

Remember this quote: “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.”― Neale Donald Walsch?

Yeah, so I went on 2 rollercoasters today, which is definitely outside of my comfort zone. I don't mind driving fast, but at least in that scenario, I'm in control of how fast I'm going. I have to tell you that it's really difficult to have a death grip on the handlebars when your hands are so sweaty. The 2 rollercoasters that I went on were the Great Bear (thrill rating 5/5) and the Comet (thrill rating 4/5). By the way, the thrill ratings are the official ones given by the Park, not by me. The Great Bear's ride had your feet hanging...I thought I was going to black out at some point from the shear panic. After the second rollercoaster, we went to get some lunch and then we visited ZooAmerica and 2 other rollercoasters. I decided to sit out on the afternoon rollercoasters because my head and stomach started to feel funny after the ones from the morning. I was scared just watching the cars go up the track and then drop straight down. I can't imagine how it would have been just riding the cars. Yikes.

The day ended with going to Chocolate World and taking the chocolate making tour, which ended with getting 2 Hershey's Kisses. Yum! The end of the tour led out to the gift shop where there was an overwhelming amount of candy everywhere. Hoooorayyy! I got a Hershey mug and some chocolate candy. They had a 6 King Size candy bars for $6 deal going on, but I didn't want to buy so much candy on my own. Luckily, Meg, being the great friend that she is, was willing to split the deal with me so that we'd each get 3 bars.

Here are some pictures from the day. Notice that in the height requirement picture, I'm just barely over the line. Mmmyeah, so I'm short.

0 comments :

Post a Comment