Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

Office Field Trip!

At the office: I got an email from one of the IT guys last Friday, informing me that my new work computer was ready. Yay! Since I was working from home on Friday, he told me to come by his office first thing Monday morning. I parked my car in the garage this morning and stopped by. "Good morning, sunshine," he says to me. "You must have come straight here from parking your car." Huh? Well, yeah. I thought he was making fun of me for my enthusiasm, but he then explained to me that my new computer was already set up in my office across the street. Ohhh. Heh. "You are one of the few people that actually followed my instructions when I said to come by my office." I must have made a confused face because he proceeded to explain that most of the time, he has to go hunting for people around the office to give them their new computer. Ugh, that's annoying. Well, I'm glad I wasn't one of those people. It's best to be on the IT people's good side.

Staff meeting: Because the flood last week, the monthly staff meeting was canceled. We don't have a conference room that would fit all of us in the other building, so we'll just skip a month. What did we do instead? We went to see a movie! No joke. In the spirit of public health (that's the area of work I'm in), we went to see the movie Contagion as a group (field trip!). I thought it was suspenseful and well done, but I don't think I'd want to see it again. It reminded me too much of reality or what reality could be in the future with regards to infectious diseases. Wash your hands, people!

0 comments :

Post a Comment