Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Wee Memories Challenge #69

Sniff.

Sniff.

Snifffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff.

Ugh. :P

While I was able to escape the cold symptoms yesterday, I woke up this morning with a full blown cold. Achy, sweaty, nose issues. Mmmmyeah. Time to use a sick day.

Taking a sick day also translates to lots of quality time with RJ.

The rest of the day was spent doing one of three things: sleeping, eating and watching TV/movie. I borrowed Avatar from the library last week and since it's due tomorrow, I thought that this would be a good time to watch it. I dunno. I wasn't wow-ed by it. The story line was too similar to Pocahontas, so I didn't think that aspect of the movie was all that creative. The special effects, however, that must have been really cool to see in the theater, especially in 3D.

Wee Memories Challenge #69 put the spotlight on patterned paper. My thought process started with a kraft cardstock base and then a stamped floral scene that would be more tone-on-tone with the kraft background and then punched out butterflies using different pieces of patterned paper. In the first version of the card, I used Antique Linen Distress Ink for the floral scene, but after the ink started to dry, I realized that the images were standing out as much as I would have liked. In the second try (the one in the picture), I went with Chestnut Roan chalk ink. Ah much better. Now for the smaller details: letter stickers, faux stitching and brad. I kept the stickers inside the a and o in the sentiment so you could see the faded lettering in the alpha stickers. I thought it would add some texture and visual interest in that corner of the card. I wanted a brad in a color that would be a contrast to the red and brown to break that corner of the card up.
Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Chestnut Roan
Paper: g.c.d. Studios- Chianti Collection
Stamps: Inkadinkado- Nature (leaf, flowers)
Brad: K.I. Memories- Enchanting Epoxy Brads
Stickers: Lily Bee Design- Happily Lost Collection - 12 x 12 Cardstock Stickers

0 comments :

Post a Comment