Pages

Saturday, September 24, 2011

September 8K

8K: Whoo hoo, the day is here! I got to the race site early to ensure a parking space and I actually saw my Executive Director, his wife and kid walking by across the street when I parked my car. I honked my horn and he hesitated and waved. I opened the car door and stuck my head out, just in case he couldn't seem me clearly through the windshield. I can see how it'd be weird to be waving at someone that you didn't really recognize.

The 2 mile challenge was first and it was funny to see all the little kids just runnnnnnning down the street. The 8K runners lined up about 45 minutes later. My parents were there to see me start, and we actually ran into the dad of one of my grade school friends (I went to elementary, middle AND high school with her). It's probably been about 10 years since I've seen him, so it was good to catch up. The Executive Director and his kid did the 2 mile challenge and his wife did the 8K. It was cool to see him cheering on the course and at the finish line, and it was also nice to see my parents there as well. It was really cool to see the community come out to support the runners and the schools that the race was fundraising for.

The race went well. I was happy to see that most of it was flat. There were a few hills towards the end, but I managed. My final time was 51:35/10:23 pace, which was better than my March 8K time of (52:43/ 10:37 pace). Meh, better, but not by much. I've been toying with the idea of doing the 10K that's held on Thanksgiving. Hmmm.

Yard sale: After the race, I went to my parents' house to pick up some things and chat. I also went over to my cousin's house to say goodbye to my aunt who is leaving on Monday to go back to Taiwan. Then I went to a nearby yard sale, but didn't find anything that I wanted. I was too tired to go to any other yard sales today, so I basically went home to shower, eat lunch, and take a lonnng nap.

0 comments :

Post a Comment