Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Another Best Wishes Card

RJ: After the third try, I have successfully given him his antibiotics tonight, yay! I left him on his own downstairs last night, instead of carrying him upstairs to my room. He came up on his own and hopped on the bed about 10 minutes later. I guess he doesn't stay mad for long (thankfully).

Food: Hmm, what to do with some very ripe bananas? Chocolate chip banana muffins, of course! I followed this recipe from Allrecipes.com. This took care of two things at once: I now have breakfast that I can eat in the morning (I ate all my bagels and English muffins) and now I don't have to feel bad about letting the bananas get really brown. I like my bananas on the neon green side. On another foody note, we had chocolate cake at the office today to say goodbye to one of the administrative assistants. Surprisingly, I enjoyed the cheaper cake from Safeway that we got on Tuesday more than I enjoyed the fancier chocolate cake from Whole Foods that we had today.

Card: I've been asked to make another card for a girl that's leaving my organization next week. She's pursuing her photography interests. We've had some good artsy-related conversations...I'll miss having those. I decided to go with an emboss resist technique today, similar to this card that I made on Sunday.

Card Specs:
Embossing powder: Stampendous! in white
Embossing ink: VersaMark
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Barn Door,Wild Honey, Peeled Paint
Paper: American Crafts- Letterbox
Stamps: Hero Arts Cling Stencil Flower, Studio G Ditto (sentiment, butterfly)
Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 4
Punch: Fiskars Threading Waters border punch
White Gel Pen: Uni-Ball Signo Broad White Gel Pen
Pearl: Recollections

0 comments :

Post a Comment