Pages

Friday, May 18, 2012

Seattle, Day 1

I have never cut it that close when going to the airport. They say you need to check in at least 45 minutes ahead of boarding time, and I made it just in time. I was definitely nervous about it while riding the Metro to the airport this morning. My Plan B was to a) try not to panic (read: cry) and b) find another flight to Seattle. Once I got through security, I bolted to my gate, only to find that they hadn't started the boarding process yet. My co-worker and I even had time to go to the restroom prior to getting on the plane.

We had a layover in Denver, but then after hours of flying and being in the airport, we arrived in Seattle. We met up with a member and then took the scenic route to the hotel via the light rail. After taking a little break, the member and I wandered down to Pike Place Market. It was nice to stretch our legs out for a little bit. There was so much good food everywhere- pastries, fresh fruit, fresh fish, etc. Even the flowers being sold there were beautiful. Of course, I had to take a picture of everything. This evening, I went to dinner with some co-workers. I got the scallops at Matt's in the Market. The food was a little overpriced (4 scallops for $36.00. I ate 3 and gave the last one to a co-worker). Oh well, it was good. That's all that really matters. Thank goodness for per diem!



0 comments :

Post a Comment