Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Tina the Teacher

One of the items on my 2011 New Year's Resolutions list that I wasn't able to accomplish was to teach a class in origami.  Today, I'm able to cross that off my list...even if it falls under the "better late than never" category.  My friend from graduate school Jessie invited me to teach some of the female students that she works with how to make an origami flower Mother's Day card.  The majority of the students will be presenting these cards to their mothers next Saturday.  While many of them hadn't done origami before, they picked it up quickly and I was happy to see that they channelled their own creativity and figured out on their own what the card layout should be.  I am not one to enjoy public speaking, but the nerves didn't get me this time.  I think the audience and subject matter had something to do with it.  Here are some pictures from the event (more to follow when Jessie sends me the ones that she took).



Jessie, being artsy
I hadn't been in a high school in a long time and I was a little alarmed at how many students had smart phones and how some of the students roaming the hallways were dressed.  Also, how in the world was I able to wake up so early during those years?  I guess the risk of missing the bus was enough to get my butt out of bed.  I'm thankful I'm not in that stage of life anymore, that's for sure.

When I got home, I cranked out two loaves of chocolate zucchini bread and some Etsy orders before zonking out on the couch in the middle of a Law and Order: SVU marathon.  It's going to be tough to go back to the office tomorrow, but at least it's a short work week :)

1 comments :

Loly Borda said...

I always like the cards you made or fathers day, the ones with the shirt and tie. Would you please make a tutorial for those? Thanks.
Loly Borda Towery

Post a Comment