Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Using the Negative

I had a piece of kraft cardstock leftover from when I die cut a flower for this card and I decided to use it for tonight's card.  I cut thin strips of patterned paper and cardstock to cover the negative space and added a fabric flower from Basic Grey.  I used the stamp off technique with the Hero Arts polka dots stamp, which means I inked up the stamp and then stamped it on a scrap piece of paper and then stamped it on the cardstock so the ink left on the stamp left a faded impression.  Then came the sentiment and buttons and the patterned paper at the bottom of the card.  The other stamped elements came at the end when I decided that the middle of the card looked very empty.

Card Specs:
Ink: Stampin' Up in Early Espresso.  Colorbox chalk ink in Chestnut Roan
Stamp: Hero Arts Cling Dots (polka dots), Hero Arts- Everyday Sayings, Inkadinkado- Nature
Paper: American Crafts- Letterbox
Flower: Basic Grey Bloomers- Pyrus collection
Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities Floral Doily Motifs
Punch: Fiskars Scalloped Sentiment border punch
White Gel Pen: Uni-Ball Signo Broad White Gel Pen
Other: We R Memory Keepers Sew Easy Fancy Floss in Root Beer

0 comments :

Post a Comment