Pages

Saturday, April 28, 2012

TE Sketch Challenge #157

Donation time: Today's been kinda a blah day. I spent most of the day in donation mode- going to Goodwill to drop off my TV/VCR combo and some puzzles and then going through my closet to find more clothes to donate (then I can fill it back up with new stuff, right?) and boxing up some old textbooks that I no longer need (organic chemistry, what's that?). I've had that TV/VCR combo since sophomore year of college, but in the last few years I haven't been using it, so I'm hoping that someone will find some use for it.

RJ: At some point this afternoon, I fell asleep on the couch. When I woke, I found RJ sleeping on my pillow. Shouldn't it have been the other way around? Oh well, I guess that's just business as usual for this household.

Card: Here's the card for today. I decided to stop by Taylored Expressions for their sketch challenge (#157). The navy cardstock and yellow patterned paper were already laying around near my paper trimmer. I thought the red would be a good contrasting color, so I added a few strips of it. I was fortunate to find an American Crafts paper flower embellishment that would match the yellow that I already used. I didn't feel like stamping anything other than the sentiment.

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Charcoal
Paper: American Crafts- A La Carte
Stamp: Savvy Stamps (sentiment)
Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities Floral Doily Motifs, Spellbinders Nestabilities Standard Circles Large
White Gel Pen: Uni-Ball Signo Broad White Gel Pen
Other: American Crafts Delights (Party Favor), We R Memory Keepers Sew Easy Fancy Floss in Slate

3 comments :

Taylor said...

Very fun! Love the bright colors and that funky flower embellishment! Thanks for playing the sketch challenge!

Tracy said...

This is amazing! Love the colors you used and the gorgeous floral doily! Excellent addition for this sketch. Thank you for playing along with TESC!

Cassie said...

Gorgeous card, Tina! I love the white faux stitching on the outside. Thanks for playing along with the TESC :D

Post a Comment