Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Hero Arts Floral Birthday Card


Rain, rain...: It rained all afternoon, so I took that opportunity to run some errands and then spend the rest of the afternoon doing house stuff (including vacuuming, wiping down the kitchen, wiping down the bathroom, and doing laundry) and making dal nirvana and black bean and banana empañadas.  Clean house and a full fridge = not a bad way to start the work week.

Card: So, here I am, making another card with new supplies.  What a concept right?  I have a friend whose birthday is coming up at the end of the month, so I thought I'd make her birthday card using the "new" Hero Arts stamp and "new" Stampin' Up ink pads/markers that I bought at the crafty yard sale on Friday, as well as a new Stampin' Up stamp from a set that I won.  My friend's favorite color is purple, so I used some Rich Razzleberry to color in the large flowers and used an Aqua Painter to color in the part of the flower close to the center.  I wish it blended better together, but oh well.  I think it still looks pretty.

Card Specs:
Embossing powder: Personal Stamp Exchange- Black
Embossing ink: VersaMark
Ink: Stampin' Up in Rich Razzleberry
Markers: Stampin' Up in Pretty in Pink, So Saffron, Tangerine Tango
Paper: Die Cuts with a View
Stamp: Stampin' Up- So Many Scallops, Hero Arts- Outline Flowers
Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities Standard Circles Large
Punch: EK Success Scalloped Circle punch (2 inch)
White Gel Pen: Uni-Ball Signo Broad White Gel Pen

1 comments :

Jen W. said...

I made some dal nirvana last week and it rocked! Am going to make. A double batch this week. :). And still no burpees... I'm afraid I'll get down there and not be able to get back up!

Post a Comment