Pages

Friday, April 27, 2012

Recipe #7 of 2012

Family/ food: This past week, both Mom and Dad called separately to check on me. "We haven't heard from you in a while, just wanted to make sure you were okay." Oook. I guess a visit to the house is long overdue, so I stopped by after going to spin class this morning. It was a good thing that I did because my aunt and uncle were going to get some lunch (Peruvian chicken) to share. While we were waiting for them to come back from the restaurant, I showed Mom some recently pictures that I posted on my blog. She pointed at the Blogger profile picture of me from when I got my hair cut in March. "Who's that?" Uh, me. "Really? I didn't recognize you! You never wear your hair like that." Ha ha. The lunch was fabulous. The chicken was nicely seasoned and moist on the inside. We also got a bunch of side dishes: coleslaw, potato salad, Caesar salad, and rice/beans. My favorite of those was the rice and beans.

Recipe #7 of 2012: My sister has been raving about this new recipe that she tried- chocolate zucchini bread. Of course, I had to try it too. It was so good: moist on the inside, slightly crunchy crust on the outside.

Card class: I'm teaching my very first origami card making class next week. It's a small class (probably 11-12 students), but hey, everyone has to start somewhere, right? I worked on the class prep while I waited for the chocolate zucchini bread to cool down from coming out of the oven.
Good stories from the Internet:

0 comments :

Post a Comment