Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

Day Off

Ahhh...taking a vacation day was the best. idea. ever. And it was rather productive since I was out and about, rather than sitting on my couch all day.

It started with doing a load of laundry, followed by a haircut that I was really pleased with. My last haircut was in September, and because my hair is so thick, having it grow out makes it rather heavy. The hair stylist gave me my bangs back as well as trimmed off some from the bottom so I'm feeling rather lighter now!

After my visit to the salon, I went to see Hunger Games at the theater near my office and I thought it was really well done. I started tearing up when Rue died. I don't know if it's a movie that'd I'd buy on DVD, but I thought the film did the book justice.

I went to the grocery store to pick up some milk and other necessary items (read: Ben and Jerry's Frozen Yogurt) and rented 2 movies from the Redbox kiosk (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and Friends with Benefits). I watched The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo tonight, and I don't know what I found more disturbing- the violence towards humans or the animal cruelty. I'm not sure I want to read the book now. Maybe I should have started with the book so I would have known what to expect in the movie. Even with all that said, I thought it was a good movie, but not really one I'd buy or want to see again, at least not for a while. I'm thinking that FWB will be much more lighthearted!

As for RJ, it's a good thing that I don't have company over very often because I'm sure they'd find the cat hair on the dining table very unattractive. As if he doesn't have full reign over this house already...

1 comments :

Laura said...

Love the hair cut - the bangs and blow dry styled under- so pretty!!!! Looks so healthy and shiny too :) makes me wanna get mine done haha

Post a Comment