Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

TE Sketch Challenge #154

Weather: Despite today being the first day of spring and you'd expect the sun shining and flowers blooming, the day started out with a massive thunderstorm. Like huge. Like you want to hide under the covers until it's over. Fortunately, it stopped before I had to get to work.

Card: Mom's birthday is tomorrow, so tonight's assignment was to make a card for her. I decided to visit the Taylored Expressions website and try out TE Sketch Challenge #154. I knew that I wanted to have flowers be the focus of the card because of my mom's green thumb. I used my Aqua Painter to color in the image and give it a soft feel. I used the Wild Honey ink to paint the stamen, but then I put Liquid Pearl on top of it to give it some visual interest.

Card Specs:
Embossing powder: Personal Stamp Exchange- Black
Embossing ink: VersaMark
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Blackbird. Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Broken China, Wild Honey, Barn Door
Paper: American Crafts- Peachy Keen
Stamp: Savvy Stamps (sentiment), K.I. Memories- Logo Coloring Book Flower
Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities Floral Doily Motifs
Punch: Fiskars Scalloped Sentiment border punch
White Gel Pen: Uni-Ball Signo Broad White Gel Pen
Other: Liquid Pearl in Buttercup

1 comments :

Tracy said...

Tina this is fabulous! I love these gorgeous colors. They just pop off of your card. I'm sure you mom will just love this. Great take on Taylor's sketch. Thank you for playing along with TESC!
Hugs,
Tracy

Post a Comment