Pages

Friday, March 2, 2012

Mmm, Indian Food

I decided to try two Indian food recipes today. I'm getting closer and closer to my goal of 25 new recipes by the end of 2012. I still haven't tackled seafood yet. That's still too intimidating for me.

The two recipes I tried were Budget Bytes's dal nirvana (right) and quick curried chick peas (left) (something like chana masala). I went to the grocery store this morning and found that many of the ingredients were on sale. A bag of lentils was $1.50. A can of tomato sauce was $0.33. A can of chick peas was less than $1. I was happy that I could use the rest of the cream that I bought for chocolate ganache a few weeks ago for the dal nirvana. I didn't want it to go to waste.

I've been on an Indian food kick lately, so these two recipes will really help me save some money. Between the two, I'd probably make the dal nirvana more frequently than the chick pea dish. On the nutrition side, the protein helps you feel fuller longer, so yay!


0 comments :

Post a Comment