Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Seattle, Day 5

Today is the last full day of the meeting. I'm heading out early tomorrow for my odyssey home back to the east coast.

I'm going to have to go on a serious diet when I get home. One co-worker brought over some leftover cupcakes from the Yellow Leaf Cupcake Company, and I split a gluten-free chocolate one with a co-worker. I can't say that it was better than the ones from Georgetown Cupcake, but it was pretty good. Then for lunch, I went to Pike Place Chowder for lunch. There were so many things on the menu that I wanted to eat, but my final decision was some scallop chowder and clam strips. The chowder filled me up for lunch, and I was able to save the clam strips for dinner.

This was the first year that we've done evening (7:00-8:30 PM) sessions, and I was debating on if I was going to go to one, but I'm so glad that I did. There was a session on how to react to a Zombie Apocalypse, and 3/4 speakers put face paint on. My executive director even got in on the fun and appeared in between speakers with face paint. Alcohol being served prior to this session probably helped loosen people up too. All silliness aside, I think that preparedness is important. Public health organizations have to be ready for anything, and it's essential to conduct practice drills and also share stories and lessons learned from past experiences (i.e. anthrax in Minnesota).

0 comments :

Post a Comment