Pages

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Manicure Update and Card

Manicure update: I went ahead and removed the Shellac manicure that I got about 1.5 weeks ago.  The polish did not come off easily, even with soaking, but maybe that's because the nail polish that I used wasn't explicitly 100% acetone (it did have acetone in it though).  I was horrified by my semi-peeling and rough surface nails (I guess I scraped too hard...), but thankfully with some advice from the office receptionist and the lady at Ulta, I got some Sally Hansen nail strengthener (it comes in a lavender colored bottle) and a file/buffer block and my nails look back to normal.  Crisis averted.  The manicure was fun while it lasted, but in an effort to be safe and budget-friendly, I'm going to stick to doing my own nails for the foreseeable future.  These bare nails are here to stay for a few days...then it's back to fun colors and most likely some Konad stamping!

Newsflash: Channing Tatum is People's 2012 Sexiest Man Alive.  Yep, I wouldn't argue with that after seeing all his movies this year...The Vow, 21 Jump Street, and Magic Mike.

At the office: I got a present today!  My co-worker went to the APHA conference and got me the cat calendar that I submitted pictures of RJ for but unfortunately, he didn't make the cut.  I thought it was thoughtful of her to think of me while she was out there.

Card: I wanted to use one of the new punches that I bought on Monday.  The candle one inspired me to make a birthday card, but given the sentiment that I used, I suppose it could be a congratulatory card as well.

Card Specs:
Ink: Stampin' Up in Island Indigo
Stamp: Stampin' Up- Party Hearty
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, Fiskars Scalloped Sentiment border punch, EK Success Candles border punch
Other: We R Memory Keepers Sew Easy Fancy Floss in Slate, Brown Sharpie Ultra Fine Point marker

Song of the day: "Oath"- Cher Lloyd

0 comments :

Post a Comment