Pages

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Busy Bee Saturday

Shopping: I was out and about for most of today.  I wanted to swing by Michaels because I've seen lots of haul videos on YouTube talking about 90% selected clearance items.  My friend Jessie's baby shower is next week, so I wanted to buy the gift today.  Michaels and Kohl's are right next to each other so (gasp!) how convenient.  I had some empty ink cartriges that needed to be recycled at Staples and (gasp!) CVS is next door.  That was so convenient because I just so happened to have some coupons to use.

At Michaels, I bought 2 stamps: Hero Arts Lace Frame (original price= $11.99, clearance price= $1.79) and Hero Arts Decorative Lamps (original price= $14.99, clearance price= 2.09).  Whoo hoo!

Jessie and her husband decided not to find out the sex of the baby until the delivery so I had to find something gender neutral.  I decided that jungle animals were gender neutral, so I ended up with a blanket and bib/burp cloth set from Kohl's (both items were on sale). 

Nail Polish: At CVS, I walked out with 2 more Revlon Lip Butters (Red Velvet and Lollipop) and 3 Sally Hansen nail polishes.  I bought Revlon Lip Butter in Sugar Plum last Saturday from Target and really liked it, so I wanted to get some more colors.  The Revlon stuff was buy 1, get one 50% off and the nail polishes were 50% off and I was armed with $8 worth of coupons.  By the way, the Cover Girl nail polish I bought last week lasted quite a long time.  I was very pleased with its performance. I had to try out one of the new polishes when I got home.  This is 2 coats of Sally Hansen's I Pink I Can.

It was definitely a good shopping day. :D

Recipe #2 of 2013: When I came home, I tried a new recipe: Skinny Chicken Pesto Bake.  I added some green beans on the side.  As a rule, anything with cheese is automatically awesome.
Family Dinner: I went over to my aunt's house for a family dinner to celebrate another aunt's birthday.  The blueberry cheesecake that I made last night was met with enthusiasm. :)





This is out of chronological order, but this was RJ this morning.  Spoiled lazy cat.

0 comments :

Post a Comment