Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Last Day of My Twenties

 ...was spent mostly in the car.  This morning, Julie opened the birthday gift that I got her (a set of coasters, badges, and mug from the Simon's Cat store) and I opened the card that Julie drew for me.  After breakfast, we packed up the car with a bunch of Julie's things and then it was back on the road.  I stopped by my parents' house to switch cars (I drove my dad's car down), but noticed that my car was missing.  I wasn't worried though because I was pretty sure that they were at my house, taking care of RJ and trying to replace my peephole.  Background story: the peephole on my front door was not functional because the glass has been scratched so you can't really see who's on the other side very clearly.  I've been fussing with it the past few days and couldn't remove it from the door because it was painted over.  Since my parents had to check on RJ this weekend anyway, I asked them to give it a try.

About 15 minutes later, they showed up and reported that they didn't have any luck with the peephole.  UGH!  I drove to the hardware store on the way home and they suggested that I take a razor blade and try scraping the paint off the edges to see if that would help.  I tried it when I got home, but still no luck.  I decided to make another trip to the hardware store (this time I got a crowbar thing that would go across the two dents) in conjunction with going grocery shopping.  When I got home the second time, I took the crowbar, stuck it into the two dents, and turned counter clockwise.  It started to move!  Slowly but surely, I was able to unscrew and remove the old peephole and install a new one.  My door is a little scratched up from all the work from me and my parents, but at least I feel safer now that I know the peephole is functional.  Go me!

Clearly, Ginger is not as excited as I am about my homeownership accomplishment.

0 comments :

Post a Comment