Pages

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Yard Sale Success

My coworker Michelle and I teamed up for a yard sale today. I got to her place around 7:45 AM to set up with a table and my clothing rack. She had a bunch of baby and women's clothing to sell.  I had an assortment of things. The yard sale lasted from 8 AM to 12 PM and we had the most business towards the beginning.

In the 4 hours, I came away with $45 (much better than the last yard sale I did), selling 1 dress, 1 pair of sneakers, 1 picture frame, 1 basket, 6 necklaces, and the big ticket item was a Nintendo GameCube that buyer was trying to bargain for.  Nope, I held strong and eventually, he gave in. There was one lady in the beginning that was so rude. She didn't accept the bargain and didn't seem to understand that there were 2 different families. Michelle and I didn't budge and she ended up leaving with nothing.  Ok, fine!  I would rather donate to a worthy cause than sell it to you for a cheaper price.  I'm glad that the Game Cube sold because the box with the controllers and cables was taking up room in my closet.

Meg and Robyn came over for dinner (I carried out from Pacci's), and it was nice to catch up in person since it's been over a month since our last get together.

0 comments :

Post a Comment