Pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

Fall-To Layout #138

So, did any of you wake up super early to watch the Royal Wedding this morning? I didn't, but I woke up just in time to see the couple ride the horse-drawn carriage through the crowd-filled streets. Kate looked so elegant in her dress. Wow, what a classy lady. I think my favorite parts have to be when the couple finished walking out of the church and you can start to hear to crowd getting louder and when the couple was driving in the convertible "JUST WED" on the license plate with balloons and other trinkets tied to the car. I liked how the wedding have a nod to the past as well as had a modern touch to it too. Best of luck to them! :)

The fox was out again last night. I dunno what the reason is behind the howling. Maybe it's a boy fox and he's lonely. Can someone find him a girlfriend so he won't be sad? Thanks. Sincerely, The Neighborhood.

Dad and I met with the realtor after work today. She was such a nice lady. I really liked her. I liked that she explained everything at a pace and with words that I could understand. Oh boy. This is starting to look very real, but I'm okay with that.

I was going to go for a masculine card this evening by following Fall-To Layout #138, but then received the following advice.

[22:07] me: how do you make this masculine??
[22:08] sister: it has flowers, i don't think you can
[22:10] me: not even if they are masculine colored flowers?
[22:11] sister: masculine colored flowers... hah
[22:11] sister: don't force it

Ooook. I decided to go with a blue, yellow, brown color scheme so I guess it could go either way, to give to a male or female. I really refrained from putting gems in the center of the flowers, and instead went with Glossy Accents. I still get the dimension without going over the top with girliness.
Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Yellow Ochre, Blackbird, Chestnut Roan. StazOn in Azure.
Punch: Fiskars Apron Lace Border Punch, Fiskars Square squeeze punch
Stamp: Fiskars- Thank You (sentiment), K&Company- AB Lotus Floral Stamps, K.I. Memories-Blooms
Paper: American Crafts- Merrymint
Other: Glossy Accents

It'll be a very friend-filled day tomorrow: brunch with the MPH girls and then dinner with the W&L girls. :)

1 comments :

Jen W. said...

Was up at 5:30 to watch the wedding and ended up seeing it twice as E! repeated their coverage as soon as it finished the first time.
Fave moments:
Will telling Kate she looked beautiful when she arrived at the altar
Kate's look of surprise and her "Wow" as she came out on the balcony and saw all the people out there
Their sweet kisses and Will's blushes
I am not a girly, wedding type girl (I did the registry office thing myself) but I thought their day was pretty awesome.
As for your card I think you managed to swing a masculine card with flowers - sweet!
Have fun eating all day! LOL! :D

Post a Comment