Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

Resist Embossing Technique

I decided to go visit my cousin after spin class and I'm SO glad that I did because he had one cupcake left from Georgetown Cupcake!!! What perfect timing (or not so good timing, depending on how you want to look at the situation)! He must have subconsciously known that I was coming to visit. I think the one that I ate was the Cherry Blossom one...very seasonally appropriate.

I recently saw this blog post about Resist Embossing Technique, and I wanted to try it out with some of the items I purchase this past weekend: watercolor paper, 2 stamps, and patterned paper. I've also seen Jennifer McGuire do something like this too, but I couldn't find the specific YouTube video that she talks about this. I don't think there was any logic to the colors that I used or the placement, and while I'm a person that appreciates order, I kinda like how the colors are dispersed across the bird image.

Card Specs:
Embossing powder: Personal Stamp Exchange- Black
Embossing ink: VersaMark
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Peeled Paint, Broken China, Tattered Rose, Warm Honey, Barn Door.
Punch: Fiskars Scalloped Sentiment border punch, We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper
Paper: American Crafts- Abode
Stickers: EK Success- Hearts
Stamp: Hampton Art- Bird Collage, Studio G (sentiment)
Foam adhesive: Thermoweb

Song of the day: "If I Could Turn Back Time" - Cher.

Yeah.

No judging, mkay?

P.S. Tomorrow is Free Cone Day at Ben and Jerry's!

1 comments :

Jen W. said...

There are no Ben and Jerry's stores here and a limited number of flavours available in the supermarkets. Please have some Peanut Butter Cup ice cream in my honour as it's my all time favourite - as seen here:

http://jenniferwills.blogspot.com/2011/03/my-top-5-tuesday-ice-cream.html

Post a Comment